Thursday 20 September 2012

My First and Last Horseback Ride



Yesterday I decided to try horseback riding, even though I have had no lessons or prior experience. I mounted the horse unassisted and the horse immediately sprang into motion. It galloped along at a steady rhythmic pace, but I began to slip from the saddle. In terror, I reached for the horse's mane, but could not seem to get a firm grip. I tried to throw my arms around the horse's neck, but I slided down the side of the horse anyway. The horse galloped along, seemingly oblivious to its slipping rider. Finally, giving up my frail grip, I leaped away from the horse to try to throw myself to safety. 

Unfortunately, my foot had become entangled in the stirrup and I was now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as my head was struck against the ground repeatedly. As my head was battered against the ground, I was mere moments away from unconsciousness when... the playground manager ran out to shut the horse off.

No comments:

Post a Comment